6.12.08

Hey baby -




1. Him sleeping on the couch
2. Us napping [yeah, i stole a hospital gown

So the first few nights haven't been that bad. I just cant bring myself to sleep when he sleep - which apparently I'm suppose to do. I'm just nervous I guess, but I'm getting better at it cause both Michal & me slept today while Logan was sleeping. He seems to be a pretty good baby, he doesn't really cry unless he needs something & then he stops as soon as his needs are met. I hope that it lasts but a lot of people are telling me that the first week is always the easiest because they pretty much just sleep - i guess we will see. Dumple & Ebony seem to love him or at least like him a lot. They run into the room whenever he cries & always look out for him when hes in his glider. As for him he doesn't seem to notice them at all even when the lick him.

We took Logan to the doctor yesterday morning. He did alright, cried the most i have ever heard him cry when he was naked & getting examined. He also pooped right in the middle of the exam luckily we still had his diaper
on. We have to take him back next Friday to make sure hes gaining enough weight. After the doctor we ran to petsmart so i could buy potty pads & all the girls I work with ran out to the car to see Logan & Michael, everyone thinks hes the cutest little 5 day old they have ever seen. After that we went to my moms house, we had to run some errands so we left him there for about 2 hours. Went to the medical supply store & bought 4 packs of wipes like we got at the hospital ( i love those things), gauze pads for his circumcision, and alcohol pads for his stump cleaning. After that we went to Ben Franklin and got some stamp ink and a little reindeer stuffed animal. When we got back to my moms she was feeding him so that was taken care of.

After my moms house we went to Susie's (Michael's aunt) work to show off Logan since she has been so much lately with the dogs. Everyone there loved him & just had to hold him. Next we to Ella's( Michael's mom) work to show off Logan. I never knew Michael's mom had worked there for so long & that most of the people she works with have pretty much known Michael his whole life. Well they all also loved Logan ( its hard not to) and seemed to be pretty happy Michael is a daddy now. Last night my friend Jenny came over & hung out with us - my mom also came over. We ordered Chinese & watched the sex & the city movie. My mom mostly just held & fed Logan.

Today we just stayed around the apartment. I finally got more than 2 hours of sleep. Like I said I just seem to be to nervous to sleep if Michael isn't awake with him. So Michael sent me to bed when he was fully awake. I also luckily got to get in a nap this afternoon. It pretty much was just a lazy day with diaper changes & feedings in between. Ella came by around 4pm and fed Logan lol. Next my mom came over and brought over lots of food & generally just hung out with the baby. Casey also came over to bring Michael some things he will need for Walgreens. I'm so excited about this job & so is he. After about a month of him working there both Casey & him will get a $300. We will probably spend 100 of that on formula since I have decided not to breastfeed. I need to start working on the baby book & his little scrapbook. Also i should probably finish my pregnancy journals. I need to find another baby book I like - I mean I have 2 pregnancy journals I might as well have 2 baby books. Well its getting late & I should be getting to bed.

No comments: